Monday, August 31, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things - 1

(I used an old list -

If I dropped someone’s email,

please add their name. Thanks!)

~J~


That nice “click” you get

when something locks into place.

So satisfying...

~J~


When my iTunes, set

to play songs randomly, seems

to tell a story

~J~


A game of Scrabble

with creative opponents,

even if I lose.

~J~


God looked on the Earth

And gave us chicken nachos.

Such a loving God.

~J~


Adding [K.T.] 'cause

new friends are my favorite

(I know they're not things).

~m~


When the train pulls in

as I enter the metro,

like I called a cab.

~m~


Order a cheese slice,

the pie's fresh from the oven.

Serendipity

~m~


The "plop" that proves that

no one opened my honest

tea before I did.

~E[dot]S~


Discounts offered to

those who work at non-profits:

yay, cheap theatre!

~E[dot]S~


I second Michael's

feelings on Metro timing;

John's on (veg) nachos.

~E[dot]S~


wrapped presents that wait

under the tree patiently;

anticipation!

~E[dot]S~


Dancing, park picnics,

music, making out, puppies,

"that's what she said" jokes.

~E[dot]S~


PENTAGON CITY MY HOME SWEET YEAH

Living in L'Enfant

I get the best of both worlds:

Orange AND Green Lines!

~P~


DEATH METAL PARROT

Finding a new meme

Before any of her friends

Is a geek's holy grail

~P~


POOR UPPER PENINSULA

Upon meeting folks

From Michigan, I always

Ask, "Where on the hand?"

~P~