Monday, August 3, 2009

What are you doing right now? - 1

Just like on Facebook -
What are you doing right now?”
Or “What’s on your mind?”
~J~

Sitting at my desk,
Counting out syllables
Avoiding my job
~J~

It’s my wife’s birthday :o)
I couldn’t get the day off :o(
I’ll be home soon, Love.
~J~

When company A
merges with Company B,
Where does that leave U?
~J~

I lied when I said,
"This will be my last desk here;"
desk change number 3.
~E[dot]S~

Doctors appointments
and grad school applications
leave no time for work.
~E[dot]S~

...which is just as well,
because all I've done today
is curse Adobe.
~E[dot]S~

Or the Starbucks
I'm in New York for
Its idiosyncracies
Like Barnes & Noble
~P~

Just HBO Dance
Bryant Park hosts a
Summer film series
Called "Screen on the Green"
~P~

Times Sq Toys 'R' US
Indoor ferris wheel
Animatronic T-Rex
12-foot Optimus!

An Echo Chamber Made of Mirrors
Rather than pictures
My memories are preserved
Through live iPhaiku

Ah, the Big Apple!
Would you mind bringing me some
cheesecake like Diddy?
~J~

Tyrannosaurus?
Giant, alien robot?
I smell blockbuster!!
~J~

The pungent fragrance
of New York + summer heat...
That AIN’T blockbuster.
~J~

It's five forty six
Instead of finishing work
I am typing this
~K~

Monday: Free cookies!
Also, a day long meeting
Ah, ambivalence...
~K~

Unlike most of you,
My work day’s far from over.
In fact, it’s lunchtime!
~J~