Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Politics/In the News - پیر

This election year -
So much good material...
So few syllables.
~J~

Obama or McCain?
Looks like 2 choices:
You can hope for a change, or
Just hope your guy lives.
~J~

Obama
I like the guy, but
Electing a messiah
is a bad idea.
~J~

McCain
Republicans are
Masters of spin. "Who us?
WHAT eight crappy years?"
~J~

It's hard at work but
I've been missing these haikus.
Here's one to start off.
~m~

Flake Rate
On Sunday morning
electoral politics
are no match for brunch
~m~

The Honorable Miss Alaska
"Caribou Barbie "
Call me "sexist", call me "pig",
But it's still funny!
~S~

Vote Vader '08
Together we all
Can rule the galaxy as
Parents and children
~P~

Vote Kenobi '08
Help me Obi-Wan:
Our most desperate hour?
You're our only hope
~P~

Vote Emperor Palpatine '08
Your feeble skills are
No match for the power of
The Force's Dark Side
~P~

You Don't Need to See Our Voter Identification
R2-D2 and
C-3PO are the droids
You've been waiting for
~P~

Vote Chewbacca '08 ('Cause Droids Don't Pull People's Arms out of their Sockets When They Lose)
I see your point and
Suggest a new strategy:
Let the wookie win
~P~

Identity Crisis
I used to be a
"Real American", then I
left my small town.
~J~

Financial Meltdown
As L.L. might say-
Yo! Don't call it a "bailout",
We'll be screwed for YEARS!
~J~

A Question for Conan
How are things in France?
I hear that your currency
Is still worth something...
~J~

Bailouts/Layoffs
When I crushed the roach
scuttling by, I understood
how Corporate views me.
~JK~

A Dubious Honor
Jack-o-lantern sneer
in place for the debate, he
out-scaries Cheney.
~JK~

Animated McCain
Beet-faced warrior.
His ears become kettle-spouts
Of sound and fury
~J~

Animated Obama
...and cherubim sing.
Cool-blue halo resting on
margins of error.
~J~

Priorities
The market crash makes
racism a luxury
no one can afford
~m~

Party aside
If the average Joe
was informed as the plumber,
we'd be in good shape.
~m~

----

Adding E[dot]S.
I think she'd appreciate,
and she's witty, too.
~m~

thanks for adding me
please be gentle when you judge
this is my first try
~E[dot]S~
...

I call this "Sarah: A Tryptich"

Sarah Palin: 1
mesmerized I gaze
at your hair, its shine and height
cannot look away
~E[dot]S~

Sarah Palin: 2
strange suspicion grows:
you are the only reason
I watched the debate
~E[dot]S~

Sarah Palin: 3
I've never wanted
someone I adore so much
to just disappear
~E[dot]S~

Party's Over...Here (re:Party aside)
For years we've all slept
behind the wheel, chasing the
American Dream.
~J~

----
Welcome E[dot]S-
Ms. Palin would be honored,
betcha by golly!
~J~

Homage to "Undecided Voter"
You're not sure? Are you,
As we understand the term,
A sensate being?
~JK~