Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Men, Women, and Relationships - ☿

The "Settling Down" Equation
The point of dating
Is to do it so well, that
you can stop dating.
~J~

"Yes, dear. You're Right Dear..."
It wouldn't be so
Hard to say if it wasn't
so true so often.
~J~

*Disclaimer
Note: The previous
haiku is in no way an
admission of guilt
~J~

Seapration Anxiety
I can not sleep well,
When my Pooh goes out of town.
The bed is empty.
~S~

Separation Anxiety Part 2
Why is she bothered?
"Shawn went away" is just part
Of IM culture.
~S~

Online "Dating"
There's no way to tell,
if the picture she posted
is 20 years old.
~m~

Soul Mates
Waiting for The One
doesn't mean you can't enjoy
the two or the three.
~m~

Old Joke
If it's true that there's
a person for everyone,
they must be busy.
~m~

First statement
There is just no way
I want to get into this
before I am drunk.
~E[dot]S~

I lied; this is my favorite topic.
Love relationships:
The drama is absorbing,
whether good or bad.
~E[dot]S~

From myself, a year ago
Here is my advice:
Do not date anybody.
Anywhere. Ever.
~E[dot]S~

Last night's reprisal
According to my
tearful, broken-hearted friend:
"NEVER fall in love."
~E[dot]S~

Obviously, I am still single
"You have more dates than
anyone I know," she said.
Thanks, Adams Morgan!
~E[dot]S~

What's Your Sign?
Back in the 80's,
people's shirts read "Boy" and "Girl";
It was hard to tell.
~J~

A Night to Remember
I can't recall Prom.
No, I wasn't drunk or high,
I just blocked it out.
~J~

Famous Last Words
"Hey, we need to talk..."
"This isn't what it looks like!"
Anything with "bit*h"
~J~

These are from K
My awesome roommate
deserves to have her haiku
read (judged?) by strangers.
~E[dot]S~

Arriving at Scott's
He shivers in his shorts
We kiss in the doorway and
He pulls me inside
~K~

Unrequited
Sometimes you think that
The one who's perfect for you
Is also a douche.
~K~

My philosophy
Love and playing games
Should refer to sexy roles
Not causing drama
~K~

For E[dot]S
Who can predict the
Vicissitudes of the heart?
So don't give up hope.
~K~

I am forty-six
When I say that I'm single
"So what's wrong with you?"
~R~

Why are the planets
Mars and Venus drawn into
our Earthly dramas?
~R~

We remember 8
6 7 5 3 0 9
But who is Jenny?
~R~

There is no way to
win if she is always right
Just grin and bear it
~R~

Someone once said "There
are no happy endings for
nothing ever ends."
~R~