Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scary Things - Jecrean

Dreamcatcher-22
Leaving the office
I fear both missing emails
And receiving none
~P~

Education Secretary
Misspellings haunt me
Long after the reader has
Forgotten my words
~P~

Siege Oedipus
I'm perilously
Close to calling most female
Authorities, "Mom."
~P~

'Guns' are the New 'Bully'
How safe are the schools?
In my day we played and learned.
Biggest fear? Bully.
~S~

Job Insecurity
being caught sneaking
back from a very long lunch.
will they notice me?
~S~

I Was Trippin'
A once affected
Employment of slang is now
Natural to me
~P~

The Reality of the Situation Comedy
I don't watch 'Idol'
Not because I won't like it
But because I will
~P~

(._.)
My sincerity
Is confused for sarcasm
Even with smileys
~P~

Alone at Night
The child in his bed.
Shadows shift in the corner.
Parents sound asleep.
~J~

Dietary Supplements
You have centipedes
and cats...recipe for a
self-solving problem.
~J~

Sidewalk Dangers
Inside my pocket,
I grip my keys extra tight
crossing over grates.
~J~

Calls from Family
I live far from them.
Each call, a part of me fears,
harbors tragedy.
~J~

Coming Out
I suppose it's time
to conquer my senseless fear
of emailed haiku.
~Мир~

Adolescent Intuition
In high school I feared
not getting the answer wrong,
but getting it right.
~Мир~

Stairs Are Not For Excercise
An elevator
is a small, sealed, empty room
supported by string.
~Мир~

Superpowers
Did you ever play
the icebreaker where you choose
to fly or to hide?
~Мир~

True Confessions (JK and Мир)
Welcome, and thank you.
I was beginning to fear
no new folks would write.
~J~

Identity Theft
I cross out numbers
Before shredding documents.
And I'm still not safe.
~J~

Falling in Love (Resistance is Futile)
In truth, commitment
is like falling; once you land
It’s kinda comfy.
~J~

Global Warming (Pollution/Toxic Waste/Blah-Blah-Blah...)
It used to scare me.
Now I just recycle more
and hope for the best.
~J~