Monday, December 6, 2010

Freedom

Friday 5pm
Harsh flourescent lights
Eyes on my computer clock
Freedom is a weekend
~K~
Bophuthatswana
Apartheid era
“Masters of our destiny”
Worth the price, indeed.
~K~
Freedom from Want
Ev’ry year I’m asked
And struggle to compose it
What’s on my wish list?
~K~
Today should be a holiday
Trees and flags have days
But not the end of slav’ry?
Wrong priorities.
~K~

Christmas costs A Lot
"Freedom" comes in many forms
Five-finger discount
~MM~

Broke now, job later
Grad school has another name:
Indentured service
~MM~

Quarter Century -
Now no more pencils or books!
retirement (that's free!)
~JB~
At my desk I sit
Dreaming of the days lost here
New Job? I hope soon
~SA~

***
Thoughts while listening to the Prop 8 Trial
"Freedom to marry."
Well, that sounds swell. Not so much:
"The bonds of marriage."

I'll fight for your right
To marraige, babies, divorce
But first: Are you sure?

Abriged argument
Of the lawyer with gelled hair:
"Haters gotta hate."
~Мир~
***

If You Love Something, Let it Go
Like Golden Shackles,
the weight of choosing weekly
themes has been passed on :o)
~J~

Freedom of Speech
Do I have the right
to shout “Theater!” in the
middle of a fire?
~J~

Grade School Sellout
Never had the guts
to sing, “...the land of the freeeee,
Exceeept for the – slaaaaves”
~J~

What Is Freedom?
Action Born of TRUTH
And a Road Seldom Traveled
by the Multitude
~AI~

"Are you free this weekend?"
Yikes! PacSun schedule:
Friday and Saturday night.
Time to quit, perhaps?
~PM~

Soldiers
Those in uniform
Sacrifice countless freedoms
To ensure us ours
~J~

Open Letter to the Downsized Pundit
The Constitution
shields you from imprisonment,
Not unemployment.
~J~

The Last Oppressed Minority
After too long in
the closet, I'm out and proud:
I write fan fiction!
~Jay+R~

No one to please and
nowhere to be; how I miss
traveling alone.
~E[dot]S~