Thursday, November 15, 2007

Music HisT[hursd]or[ay]

More Proof that I’m Old
Far less likely to
choose “The Morning Zoo” over
“Morning Edition”
~J~

Dark Side of the Rainbow
The Wizard of Oz
Meets “The Dark Side of The Moon” -
Redefines ‘trippy’.
~J~

Lady of Rage
“I rock rough and tough
With my afro puffs! (RAGE!) Rock
on wit ya bad self!”
~J~

Rhythm
The human body
is a corpus of rhythms.
Music binds us all.
~J~

Old school rap as work motivational tool
Salt and Pepa's here,
and we're in effect want you
to push it, baby
~H~

Two steps for this addiction
I love musicals.
Oklahoma, Maria
What melodic crack.
~H~

The face of evil
Did video kill
the radio star? Or was
it Diddy. You choose.
~H~

Tear Jerkers
I hate when movies
use music to make me cry.
Damn “Color Purple”!
~J~

Does anyone else
walk on beat when hot songs blare?
Damn you Beyonce!
~H~

As Old as Time
Hieroglyphics show
ancient wedding guests doing
The Electric Slide.
~J~

Some People Take it WAY Too Serously
Is it more shameful
to be bad at “Dance Dance” games
Or too good at them?
~J~

I Hope This Fits
“Cause Oscar Mayer
Has a way with B-O-L
O-G-N-A”....darn.
~J~

It Jiggles When It Jingles
J E L L O
Bill Cosby made it sound good
Kind of tastes like spit.
~H~

Don’t Worry, He’s Happy
Bobby McFerrin
conducts orchestras these days -
instruments and all.
~J~