Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Music History

The Beat Goes On
8 tracks to iPods.
Our kids will have holograms
shooting from their eyes.
~J~

Oakland’s Finest
MC Hammer was
At once, the best and worst thing
To happen to rap
~J~

Hate to Break it to Ya
Just because you beat
“Guitar Hero” doesn’t mean
you can really play.
~J~

Considered but rejected
Just because you beat
"Guitar Hero" doesn¹t make
you Yoko Ono.
~J~

Go Bill, It's Your Birthday!
How I hope and pray
That they will, but today I
Am still just a bill...
~J~

Final Fantasy VII
With "One Winged Angel"
Uematsu got all geeks
Chanting "Sephiroth!"
~P~

English Gangster
Jay-Z tied Elvis
For most #1 albums
(Besides the Beatles)
~P~

Circle of Piracy
Thanks to BitTorrent
Finding albums is easy
Now the single dies
~P~

Red Carpet Massacre
Somehow Timbaland
And Duran Duran just work
(I'm no Justin fan)
~P~

J-Popped
I never liked it,
Till I heard Yokko Kanno
On “Ghost in the Shell”
~S~

It’s Not Music, Except to My Ears
Old-Time Radio:
Drama, Suspense, Mystery.
It makes the time fly.
~S~