Monday, January 7, 2008

Crime & Punishment

Universal Language
The silent treatment
is aptly named; since talking
digs you in deeper.
~J~

Fashion Trends
Hip-Hop 101:
Jail time for pimps or dealers
is like the new black.
~J~

Negative Reinforcement
“Time-outs” for my dad
Meant time out of his schedule
To whup my behind.
~J~

Iowa Cockahoop
Underage drinking
Poses less of a threat than
Underage voting
~P~

Yo-ho-ho and A Barrel of BitTorrent
Music "piracy"
Lacks the swashbuckling of its
Nautical namesake
~P~

Timeout N.E.S.
Going to my room
Stopped deterring my mischief
After Nintendo
~P~

I Ledge a Peegance...
In the War on Drugs,
Uncle Sam retreated
from prohibition.
~J~

Wheel in the Sky
If Karma’s a [snitch],
It’s only because we all
keep abusing her.
~J~

Pre-packaged Bliss
Given what’s in it,
letting Timmy have dessert
is worse punishment.
~J~

Bittersweet Victory
Cheat codes aren’t as fun
Now that game developers
want us to find them.
~J~

Revenge… Russian style
Dostoevsky’s tome
On murderous thoughts made real
Inspired this haiku
~H~

Humbled by their honor
The Supreme Court! Lord!
My Black ancestors fought hard
For my right to write.
~H~

Karma
All things in cycles
All energy good and bad
Is returned. Ache.
~H~

Jinx! Buy Me a Coke!
Having uttered words
in unison, I hereby
demand my bounty.
~J~

Video Rental Warning (aka: Behold the Range of Tim Robbins)
“Hudsucker Proxy”,
“Shawshank Redemption”. Do NOT
get these films mixed up.
~J~

Kung Fu Justice
Take your lives and go!
But leave your limbs where they are -
They belong to ME!
~J~