Monday, October 22, 2007

Bad Habits/Guilty Pleasures

The First Step is Admitting You Have a Problem
Procrastination.
The bane I must overcome.
I'll get right on that.
~J~

Foody Call
It whispers to me.
Helplessly, I surrender.
Chocolatey goodness.
~J~

The Upside of Crack Addiction
Unlike most of you,
I’m never left wondering
Where the money goes.
~J~

Collector's Iterms
When new games come out
I'm first in line to buy them
But last to play them
~P~

Overheard
I'd rather record
Conversations that I hear
Than participate
~P~

Thanks for All the Fish
Stop offering me
Food that I'm allergic to.
Nuts are not worth death.
~P~

Ironically Approrpriate
I can't write witty
Headlines, subjects, or titles
So I choose nonsense
~P~

I Keep Very Old Receipts
In case in comes up,
I can tell you which toothpaste
I used in high school.
~J~

For the Look On Their Faces
I lock my car doors
whenever I’m in the ‘burbs
and white people walk by.
~J~

::Is Embarrassed::
Supernatural,
Teen drama. “The Covenant”
I loved that movie.
~S~

BCPH (bars of creamcheese per hour) [aka “inside joke”]
5 Bars of Cream Cheese,
I suggest no more than that.
Sherri eats that many.
~S~

Walkie Talkie
For reasons unknown,
I pace when I’m on the phone.
Laps in the kitchen.
~J~

X-Phile: Circa 1995
Don’t call. Don’t stop by.
John will be out of contact
‘til the credits roll.
~J~

5-7-5
Needless to say, folks,
This whole “weekly haiku” thing
clearly qualifies...
~J~

My Bad
{10/25/07 @ 10:52AM}
I just realized that
I didn't hit reply all.
Now read my haikus
~M~


Baked Goods?

They say it's bad to
partially hydrogenate.
These cupcakes are soft!
~M~

Winging It
I gave up on my
vegetarianism.
To eat chicken wings.
~M~

Carpe Diem
Beautiful Sunday,
ripe for productivity.
I'm sleeping past noon.
~M~

Mostly Grown Up
Every Friday -
A nice dinner with live jazz,
And then we watch Aang.
~J~

Mickey D’s
I know it’s crap, but
Those fries smell sooo goood! Damn you,
I AM lovin’ it!
~J~