Monday, October 1, 2007

Machine vs. Man

When do you guys start?
Or should I just jump in now?
I need haiku rules.
~P~

There are no rules here,
Well, aside from the format.
Let the games begin!
~J~

TODAY’S TOPIC: MACHINE vs. MAN

Factory Workers
The Future is now,
The work they do was once ours.
Should we build a fence?
~J~

Ode to Asimov
In service to man,
Or enslaving our people...
Either way, they’re cool.
~J~

WarGames
An 80’s classic!
Ferris Beuler saved the day!
“Shall we play a game?”
~J~

Alarm Clock
Yesterday was yours,
But now I'm ready for you!
I thwart thee! "Snooze" bi**h!
~J~

2.0?
Old Megtron +
A Ginsu knife set =
The NEW Megatron
~J~

Off Topic
"Michael Benedict"
Makes me hungry for eggs with
Hollandaise and ham.
~S~

Growing Up
Ha! Eggs Benedict!
A clever discovery!
It's an old joke though.
~M~

I.T.
The internet's great -
I get work done much faster.
Look, pictures of cats!
~M~

The Commuter
As a boy I thought
I would be an astronaut.
Step back, doors closing.
~M~

Not the Musical
"Deep blue" used to mean
The sea. Now, it beats the champ,
Garry Kasparov
~S~

Terminated
Lumbering, gleaming,
Zombies of metal. Killing.
Skynet must have won
~S ~

Falling Minmei
Lurching and reaching,
Rick fights his metal giant,
he must gain control!
~S ~

America's Pastime
Thanks to Nintendo
I am no longer ashamed
To play with my Wii.
~J~

Shaqpunk (aka John, I Mean, It's Right There)
The obvious choice
Is John Henry and the train
You want a do-over?
~P~

More Machine than Man
The Emperor dies
By the hand of Skywalker
And vice versa
~P ~

Enterprising
We boldly go where
Resistance may be futile
But plots are fertile
~P ~

The Fall Guy
Upon reflection,
Steve Austin WAS tailor-made
To be a stuntman.
~J~

Good Enough
We can rebuild him.
We have the technology...
but it's time for lunch.
~M~

Act Now
Easy installments
of $99.99
will not tone your abs.
~M~

Tact
I wanted to call,
but it fell in the toilet.
Baby, you're the best.
~M~

Alien Librarian
Krypton is no more
I contain its history
And fight its last son
~P ~

Funny, She Doesn't Look Druish
It was the last time
A "live-action" transformer
Was designed to suck
~P ~

Couldn't Afford an Online Archive of News Articles So She Named Her Daughter Alexis-Nexis [aka {Wikiality}]
We need paper trails
Otherwise we change the past
To fit our needs
~P ~

Advanced Civilization
Most popular use of
Nanite technology?
Curing hangovers.
~J~

Unchecked
When science goes wrong,
Untold horrors can arise.
Ergo, “Turbo Teen.”
~J~

Overheard Six Years Ago...
You don’t understand.
The mission is all that matters.
I am sorry, Dave.
~J~

Nice Shell!”
Woman and machine,
Motoko Kusanagi.
Strength through ghost hacking.
~S~

Man vs. Machine
Dark deserted road...
18-wheeler meets John Doe.
18-wheeler wins.
~J~