Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Childhood Memories

Puberty
We are all ugly.
Everyone else...beautiful.
Alone together.
~J~

Alabama Summer
A dusty backyard,
Honeysuckle and sweet tea.
Too young to say thanks.
~J~

Thundercats Ho!
With staggering speed,
The character I liked most
became Cheetarah.
~J~

My Kingdom
Fast, not the fastest,
Not the smartest, or strongest...
But Dodgeball, I RULED.
~J~

On the Radio
The birth of Hip Hop.
The height of Big Hair Rock and Roll.
The death of Disco.
~J~

3-2-1 Contact
'Square One' taught me more
About 'Dragnet' and Pac-Man

Than actual math

~P~


Who Would Copy a Copy Company?

Mice had one button

Because only Macs Had Mice
(Don't tell Xerox-PARC)
~P~

Am I Misremembering This?

For chicken tenders

"A limited time only"

Meant "until I die."
~P~

Then and Now

If you’d have told me
I’d be paying for water,
I’d have dubbed that “wack”.
~J~

Just Like Old Times
I’ve got the game board,
called my friends, and set out snacks...
But no one’s playing :o(
~J~

Quality Time
I spent all morning
watching cartoons on TV.
All afternoon, too.
~M~

On Refreshment
Why does mom always
get soda or purple stuff?
Sunny D, alright!
~M~

Keeping Perspective
Watching my cartoons.
Junk food and drawing pictures.
You sure I grew up?
~J~

War is Heck, I guess
I learned from the shows
GI Joe and The A-Team
that war never kills.
~J~